Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tonight: Denmark

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

We made frikadeller and Danish potatoes.

Frikadeller:

Photobucket

I mixed the ground pork and flour in a large bowl and mixed. Then I added diced onion, granulated garlic, salt, pepper and mixed well. Next I added eggs and milk, mixed, put the mix into a smaller bowl and put into the freezer to chill the mix and thicken it up a bit.

Photobucket

I melted a stick of butter with equal parts vegetable oil in a frying pan, then rolled meatballs and cooked through.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Danish Potatoes:

Photobucket

I boiled the potatoes until tender, drained and cooled.

Photobucket

I peeled and sliced the potatoes, added chopped green onion tops, chopped parsley, and capers.

Photobucket

I made a dressing of white wine vinegar, caper liquid, Dijon mustard, and whisked in olive oil.

Photobucket

I added the dressing and gently mixed the salad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finished product:

Photobucket

Results: That sound you hear is my arteries hardening. This was just as heavy as it looks. I make Swedish meatballs for the holidays every year carrying on a long family tradition, and I was surprised at how different they are from the Danish meatballs given that the two countries are just a bridge and subway apart.

Photobucket

I prefer the Swedish variety.

I am not a huge fan of potato salad, but I actually ate these. I wouldn't go out of my way to make this again unless I was assigned potato salad for a potluck, in which case this gets the nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment