Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tonight: Serbia

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

We made ćevapčići with yogurt sauce.

Photobucket

ćevapčići:

I was able to purchase ground beef and lamb, but had to grind the pork.

Photobucket

I mixed the meats with an egg white, garlic, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and baking soda. We formed it into sausages, brushed with oil, and broiled turning regularly and brushing with oil.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yogurt sauce:

I mixed plain yogurt, shredded and drained cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper.

Photobucket

Finished product served with Greek flat bread and onion:

Photobucket

Results:

This is a bit spicy and really good. It reminds me of döner kebap, popular street fare in Austria and almost mandatory after a night at the bars. It was easy to make and I can certainly see myself making this again. The yogurt is basically a tzadziki sauce and is a wonderful accompaniment to the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment