Sunday, June 20, 2010

Last night: Portugal

Photobucket

We made Espetada with Portuguese Sheppard potatoes.

Espetada:

Photobucket

I made the marinade by grinding garlic and coarse salt into a paste, then adding red wine vinegar, bay leaves, black pepper, and olive oil. I cubed the rib steaks and coated the cubed meat with the marinade.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then skewered the meat and cooked the skewers on the campfire:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Portuguese Sheppard's potatoes:

Photobucket

I sauteed the onions and garlic, then added fresh rosemary, dried rosemary, and paprika. I cubed the potatoes, put them in the skillet and covered with water, then cooked off the liquid.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finished Product:

Photobucket

A port for after dinner:

Photobucket

Results:

This was another great smelling meal and was easy to make while camping. The Espetada was fantastic. The potatoes were very good as well. This was definitely a hit with us, our friends, and our neighbors.

I was not a fan of the port, but then I have never been a big fan of port.

No comments:

Post a Comment