Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tonight: Paraguay

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

Photobucket

The flag of Paraguay has different images on the obverse and reverse sides. Who knew?

We made empanadas de carne.

Photobucket

I boiled the eggs.

Photobucket

Then I cooked the meat filling with garlic, onion and green pepper.

Photobucket

Then I added the egg to the meat mix.

Photobucket

Next I made the dough with salt, flour. baking powder, lard, and water.

Photobucket

Then I filled the dough with the filling.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I fried one in oil. LOL fail, no picture though.

I baked the rest after brushing with a beaten egg, then served with hot sauce.

Photobucket

Finished product:

Photobucket

Results: These were pretty meh. I wouldn't call it a complete failure, but it ranks with the South Africa dish as my least favorite. I can't help but think I did something wrong, but I don't know what that might be. I think cheese would have been an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment